Thursday, April 29, 2021

Raven Want a Cracker?

 


In view of Edgar, I threw a few crackers in a horse pen (organic garlic naan, and sweet potato crackers, to be precise) - where he’d been picking through horse poo.


I walked away, out of sight, where Edgar couldn’t see me. He strutted over to the crackers, and one by one, picked them up and walked them into the next horse pen, and cached them. Put a cracker on the ground, covered it up with dirt and duff. He ate just one but cached all the rest.


He flew up onto the top rung of the horse pen, and I walked back up to have a conversation with him. “You’re so beautiful Edgar!”


“CAW! CAW! CAW!”


Which I interpreted as, “YES I AM! AND THIS IS MINE AND AIDA’S RAVEN TERRITORY AND I LOVE GARLIC NAAN CRACKERS!”


No comments:

Post a Comment